Sunday, March 11, 2012

Brownie Cheesecake Topped with Cherry Filling

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I was watching the Knicks vs Philly game earlier today and what a disappointment again!! What is going on Knicks?! Ever since they played the Boston Celtics last Sunday, they haven't turn back around this losing streak. :( (There really is a Boston curse!) This will be 5 losses in a row - really hoping for a miracle to happen tomorrow against the Chicago Bulls. Despite all this, I will not lose faith in the Knicks, especially Jeremy Lin. GOOO KNICKS!

So what do I decide to do after watching the Knicks lose? Bake! I decided to make cheesecake again as it is a great hit in my family and I have cream cheese left that I should really use up.

Today, I am making a Brownie Cheesecake topped with Cherry Filling. Look how amazing the color looks and trust me, it tastes even more amazing!

Look at all that gooeyness from the cherry filling oooozing over my perfect slice of cheesecake

Some of the ingredients



After taking out of the oven, you can see the layers through the glass

Finishing off with Cherry Topping

I get the first slice!

RECIPE:
1 package (19-21 oz) brownie mix (use 13x9 inch size pan) - extra ingredients as directed on package
4 packages of cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
3 eggs (this is in addition to the eggs needed in the brownie mix)
1 can of cherry filling

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray the baking pan with cooking spray. Pour in the brownie mixture. (Follow the directions from the package). Bake for 25 minutes.

Prepare the cheesecake. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract on medium speed. Then add the sour cream and mix. After that add each egg, one by one slowly and mix on low speed. Pour mixture over the brownie.

Bake for 40 minutes. Let it cool and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Right before serving, top with cherry filling.

Note: The longer you refrigerate it, the better it will taste. Trust me as I had been impatient and it just doesn't taste the same as when you let it set. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment